Not sure? You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking for a full refund
Borneo is home to pristine rainforests, an amazing array of wildlife and is steeped in culture with its many tribes and rich history. Borneo is the ideal destination for a school tour. With its breathtaking natural environment and incredible wildlife this Borneo “adventure” tour will broaden your students learning beyond what is always possible in a classroom.
This Borneo “adventure” school tour combines outdoor adventure activities where students can explore the remote rivers, jungle trails, and the untouched wilderness and interact with the local people to understand their culture and way of life.
Borneo is a fantastic destination to learn about conservation and environmental issues. The vast rainforests are teeming with exotic wildlife including proboscis monkeys, macaques, sun bears, pygmy elephants, and orangutans. Students can interact with orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary and visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, which manages and improves the living conditions of rescued sun bears.
History and culture will come alive for students with a visit to the Sarawak Cultural Village and a fascinating city tour of Kuching. By participating in a worthwhile community project, students will develop new skill sets and leadership skills and can make a real difference to the lives of the local communities they visit.
This is a suggested itinerary only and can be changed to suit each individual school group. We can specifically tailor each itinerary to ensure that we meet your schools learning objectives and requirements. Whether your students are travelling for a specific topic or looking for something with the cross-curricula value we can meet all of your requirements.
- Discover the rich ecosystem and rainforest in Borneo
- Learn about different tribal minorities, their culture and tradition
- Take part in a community project, forest restoration or wildlife preservation project
- Engage in studies of society and environment
- Participate in team building exercise with kayaking and biking adventures
- Enhance perspectives, develop appreciation for diversity and differences
- Develop communication skills within peers and in a foreign environment
- Discover a world more beautiful, diverse and colorful than any textbook could ever portray
- Develop skills for students through a meaningful overseas experience
- Observe Orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Learn about the endangered Malayan Sun bear at Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Cruise on Katabatangan river and experience the richness of local wildlife
- Participate in a community project
- Fun jungle bike ride & kayak experiences
- Visit to Sarawak Cultural Village