Not sure? You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking for a full refund
Myanmar is emerging from decades of isolation, and as such, offers a unique opportunity for students to discover a country that remains untouched by western influence, and still has strong ties to its traditional cultural roots. Myanmar school tours will benefit students across all fields of study, from Yangon with its charming colonial architecture, and Bagan for ancient archeology (Bagan is notably home to 2,200 sacred temples remaining from the 13th century). Students will have the opportunity to take kayaking and hiking excursions, as well as make a pilgrimage the country’s most sacred site. An educational tour in Myanmar offers insight into Burmese culture and society while learning about the historical context of the country, and taking in awe-inspiring sights.
- Learn about the Burmese history, culture and traditions
- Learn about different minorities
- Engage in studies of society and environment
- Enhance perspectives, develop appreciation for diversity and differences
- Develop communication skills within peers and in a foreign environment
- Discover a world more beautiful, diverse and colorful than any textbook could ever portray
- Develop skills for students through a meaningful overseas experience
- Historical sightseeing in Yangon, including the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda
- Make your way to Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), the country’s major pilgrimage and most sacred site.
- Visit a palm tree workshop - learn about collecting toddy (the juice of the palm tree) used for making liquor, molasses and oil
- Visit the ancient city of Bagan, most famous for 2,200 sacred temples
- Visit Inle Lake for a silk weaving workshop; observe the whole process, from the harvesting of the raw material, right through to the finished product