10-DAY HIGHLIGHTS OF MYANMAR: THE VERY BEST OF THE GOLDEN LAND
YANGON – KYAIKTIYO – BANGAN – MANDALAY – INLE LAKE
Spend 10 wonderful days in Myanmar, one of South East Asia's best kept secrets.
Discover Yangon's colonial past, visit Golden Rock. See the sunset among the legendary thousand Pagoda's a national local treasure dating back to the 11 th century. relish he opportunity to interact with the locals, sample local delicacies like toddy.
Sail cross Inle Lake and learn all about the Lake's unique ecosystem and the people that live there. Return to Yangon full of unforgetable memories.
Trip code : TW3158
Duration : 10 days
Destination : Myanmar
Travel Dates : 2020/2021
- Visit Yangon’s historical places including awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda
- Make your way to Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), the country’s major pilgrimage and most sacred site. The gigantic rock is resting on the edge of a cliff you will be rewarded instantly by a magnificent view of the enchanting mountain scenery
- Experience the vibrant morning market of Nyaung-U,
- Visit a palm tree workshop- learn about collecting toddy (the juice of the palm tree) used for making liquor, molasses and oil
- Visit the ancient city of Bagan where there are thousands of pagodas and temples sitting over green plains
- Visit Inle Lake, sample some locally grown wine, observe a silk waving workshop form harvesting raw material to the finish product
• In the evening, visit to the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda which towers over all of Yangon. The most sacred pagoda in Myanmar and one sight that no visitor should miss.
• A welcome dinner will be served at the hotel. Overnight at Yangon
The guided tour will start with a visit to Sule Pagoda, located at the heart of the city. The tour will also include a range of beautiful colonial-style buildings, as well as the City Hall, a fine example of Myanmar architecture, and the Independence Monument.
Next, visit the National Museum to learn of the history of Myanmar.
• Break for lunch at a local fine dining restaurant.
• In the afternoon, get in the car and make your way to Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), the country’s major pilgrimage and most sacred sites. The gigantic rock is resting on the edge of a cliff. While the last part of the journey may seem arduous, once arrived on top of the mountain you will be rewarded instantly by a magnificent view of the enchanting mountain scenery. • Check in to our hotel on top of the mountain and enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Overnight at Kyaiktiyo
• Return to Yangon.
• Break for lunch at a local fine dining restaurant.
• In the evening, arrived to Yangon and shopping at Scott Market (Closed on Monday and public holiday) and then stop at a local restaurant for dinner and check in at the hotel.
Overnight at Yangon
• Upon arrival in Bagan, set off to some of the area’s highlights, including the golden Shwezigone Pagoda, Gupyaukgyi Pagoda, noted for its frescoes and stucco works, and Ananda Temple, a masterpiece of the Mon architecture.
• Following that, return to the hotel for a short break and lunch.
• In the afternoon, the guided exploration of Bagan continues with Dhammayangyi Pahto, the largest of Bagan’s temples as well as Thatbyinnhyu Temple and Manuha Temple. Admire the beautiful sunset from the summit of Shwesandaw Pagoda to round the day off.
• A horse-drawn cart will take you to dinner at a local restaurant with traditional Myanmar puppet show.
Overnight at Bagan
• For lunch, you may indulge in a meal hosted by a local family in their home. This is the perfect opportunity to interact with your host and to gain an insight into the country’s delightful customs and traditions.
• Aside from its impressive variety of Buddhist religious and cultural heritage, Bagan is also famous for its exquisitely decorated lacquerware. The afternoon tour includes a visit to a lacquerware shop in New Bagan - where you can watch artisans craft, paint and engrave lovely cups, bowls and other accessories.
• Finally, end the day with a sunset cruise along the beautiful Ayeyarwaddy (Irrawaddy) River.
• Tonight, enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant in Bagan.
Overnight at Bagan
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• Next head to Paper Toys Workshop. When we talk about Myanmar products, start with the attractive Myanmar toys. The traditional toys of Myanmar are mostly made of paper. Then proceed to the picturesque view of Sagaing Hill.
• In the evening, back to Mandalay.
• For dinner, will provide the fine dining restaurant in Mandalay.
Overnight at Mandalay
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• In the afternoon, continue your sightseeing tour in Mandalay - major highlights include Kuthodaw Pagoda, containing the world’s largest book and ShweNandaw Monastery, one of the finest examples of traditional Myanmar-style wooden monastery building in the country. End your day at Mandalay Hill to see the sunset.
• Dinner will be arranged for you at a local fine dining restaurant.
Overnight at Mandalay
• For lunch you have the unique opportunity to participate in a cooking class at a local family’s home. Learn how to prepare a traditional meal and then share lunch with your hosts.
• In the afternoon, visit traditional Shan style monastery Nga-Phe-Chaung and an Inntha village for tea and snacks. Next, visit a silk weaving workshop to watch the fascinating process of spinning and weaving lotus flowers into stunning products such as scarves and shirts. The last stop for the day will take you to a silversmith workshop to watch artisans craft lovely pieces of jewelry.
• Your hotel on the lake will provide dinner for the evening.
Overnight at Inle
• A delicious lunch will be arranged for you. Then, proceed to Red Mountain EstateVineyards and Winery in the hills of southern Shan state for a wine-tasting of locally grown wine. Return to the lake by coach. • Upon return, you will be provided with canoes from the hotel to explore the lake at your own pace.
• Dinner will be arranged at your hotel.
Overnight at Inle
Included in your tour:
- Expert services of local guides throughout your tour
- Airport transfers
- 9 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches & 9 Dinners
- Accommodation as listed
- Entrance fees at monuments and sightseeing as per itinerary
- Locally based professional driver and English speaking guides.
- Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda and explore downtown Yangon. Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock)
- Visit many ancient temples and pagodas to experience the religious and cultural heritage
- Ride in a horse drawn cart and enjoy a traditional puppet show
- Visit a palm tree workshop to learn about collecting toddy (the juice of the palm tree) for making liquor, molasses and oil
- Tour a lacquer ware shop in New Bagan - and watch artisans craft, paint
and engrave lovely cups, bowls and other accessories.
- A sunset cruise along the beautiful Ayeyarwaddy (Irrawaddy) River.
- Visit to a traditional paper toy workshop
- Full day of sightseeing on the Inle Lake. This will include the famous leg-rowing fishermen, floating gardens and the villages on stilts.
- Visit a silk weaving workshop
- Stop at a silversmith workshop to watch artisans craft lovely pieces of jewelry.
- Wine tasting of locally grown wine at the Red Mountain EstateVineyards and Winery in the hills of southern Shan state.
*Cost is subject to class availability and exchange rate, may change without prior notice.
You'll need a visa to enter Myanmar. Application for a visa can be made at your closest Embassy of The Republic of the Union of Myanmar prior to travel.
Alternatively, if you are travelling for tourism or business you can apply for an e-Visa online for use at select entry points. Apply for an e-Visa directly through the Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population website. Print out the e-Visa approval letter and present it to Myanmar immigration authorities on arrival.
E-Visas can be used to enter Myanmar at:
- Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw international airports
- Tachilek, Myawaddy and Kawthoung (land border crossings with Thailand)
- Tamu and Rih Khaw Dar (land border crossings with India).
E-Visas can't be used for entry at seaports. Cruise passengers must arrange visas in advance.
Be aware of unauthorised websites that claim to offer e-Visas. While some websites will provide a legitimate visa for an additional fee, there are other websites that are fraudulent. Be careful about using links in emails or other websites to access the official site. To avoid such scams, only use official Myanmar Government services to arrange your visa.
Travel to parts of Myanmar is strictly controlled by government authorities, including through visa conditions. Australians have been deported and detained for visa offences.
If you overstay your visa, you won't be allowed to leave until you pay a fine. You can also be arrested or deported. Myanmar authorities can blacklist you, which means you may never be allowed to return to Myanmar.
If you breach your visa conditions, you could be arrested or deported.
Border crossings - Travel to or from Myanmar by land border crossing is possible, but is restricted to a limited number of crossing points. All these crossing points are within areas where we advise you to reconsider your need to travel.
Border crossings may close with little or no notice. Since November 2016, foreigners have not been permitted to travel to the Muse (Shan State) - Ruili (China) border crossing because of civil unrest in the area. Tourists are required to stay in registered hotels and guesthouses only.
If you plan to stay for more than 90 days, you must register your residential address with the immigration authorities and obtain a Foreigner's Registration Card (FRC). You must notify any changes or temporary absences to your address.
Customs regulations are restrictive. Officials strictly limit what is brought into the country. Customs authorities are particularly sensitive about the entry of some communications equipment (such as electronic drones or radio networks).
If you don't declare restricted or prohibited items, they may be confiscated. Customs officials may hold undeclared items for collection upon departure.
There are strict rules governing the export of local gems, antiques and Buddha images. If you plan to take something home with you, check that it can be exported legally before you buy it. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date you intend to return to Australia
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including local suppliers’ fees, admin fees, any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees, etc.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserve the right to correct any error of outstanding amount.
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or small Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 15 people) / School Tours is $700 Per Person
- Short packages, shore excursion, hotel etc. is $250 Per Person
If you cancel your booking at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, or depend on each package's terms & conditions.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending/paid a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or cruise which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the tour or cruise
1.2 Final balance
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation
- Deposit will due immediately or within three day of your booking confirmed. It will be applied based on the specific product
- Final balance will be due before 65 days or 90 days before departure date
- You can make a payment by Enett, Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card
Credit Card Fee
- The following Card Fees apply:
- Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
- American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
- For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at email@example.com
3. LATE BOOKING
Any booking made within 110 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed.
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure for Group Tours or Escorted Tours will incur a late booking fee of $120 per person and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. AMENDMENTS FEES
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $69 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration.Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
5. SAFETY NET PROTECTION
- Safety Net Protection is not included in our tour/cruise packages. If you wish to purchase safety net protection, an additional fee of $95 per person will occur. This is only valid for one-time use (claim).
· Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise on the same destination departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties. The new tour must be at the same cost or higher, but cannot be at lower cost than the initial tour booked. If the passengers choose the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
· Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
· Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares, or third-party fees and charges.
· Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
6. TRAVEL VOUCHER
Your travel voucher will be issue and send that to you or your travel agent from 15 -30 days before your departure. Make sure you have your travel voucher before you travel.
Please check with your consultant, your travel insurance provider or read our cancellation policy carefully before cancelling or amending your booking. For a specific tour / cruise package, a separate cancellation policy might be set out and applied to your booking.
Please see the below for our general cancellation policy.
7.1 Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages
Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 15 people)
65 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
90 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
64‐40 days before departure – 55%
89‐79 days before departure – 65%
39‐31 days before departure – 75%
78‐61 days before departure – 85%
Within 30 days of departure – 100%
Within 60 days of departure – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
If your tour/package includes international/domestic flights the airlines cancellation policies will be apply.
7.2 Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
7.3 Cancellation by Local Supplier or Third-Party Travel Provider
If the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.