12-DAY ESSENTIAL VIETNAM TOUR
HANOI - HOA BINH - HALONG BAY - HUE - HOI AN - MY SON - HO CHI MINH
Take a 12-day break with our Essential Vietnam Tour around the Hanoi city, Hue city, Hoi An and embark on a luxurious and relaxing 2 nights onboard the 5 star Signature Cruise around the Ha Long Bay. Start with roaming around the Hanoi city in a cyclo tour through the Old Quarter, museums, Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, and so on. Experience traditional street life and watch the traditional Water Puppet show, sharing the story about Vietnam's ancient village life, and many more exciting activities!
Trip code : TW43729VT
Duration : 12 days
Destination : Vietnam
Travel Dates : 2020/2021
- Stay in the picturesque cities of Hanoi and Hoi An
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Ha Long bay and My Son
- Stay overnight on Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Explore Vietnamese history, war, military and art museums
- Interact with local people and culture
- Join in a fun traditional Vietnamese cooking class in Hoi An
After lunch, we will take a cyclo tour in Hanoi’s old quarter and experience traditional street life before watching the Water Puppet show.
The colonial capital city Hanoi is a unique Asian city with tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and oriental pagodas and temples dating back to a thousand years.
In the afternoon you have the option to visit museums such as the Hanoi Hilton or Hoa Lo Prison, the National Museum of Vietnamese History, the Vietnam Military History Museum, and the Vietnam National Museum of Fine Arts. Our driver will drop you off at your Hanoi Hotel around 5 pm.
Note: Several sites within the tour require a respectful demeanor, and dress code mandates no shorts or sleeveless shirts.
Our local driver and tour guide will pick you up from your Hanoi hotel at 8am before we transfer via car to Hoa Binh. On arrival we will visit villages of the Muong and Dzao minority groups and interact with the local people. After having met the local villagers we will continue the tour to see the enormous Hoa Binh Dam before embarking on a boat for a wonderful cruise on the reservoir.
After lunch we will stop to visit one of many villages of the Muong people, situated on the bank of the reservoir and explore the lives of these local Hill tribes and their culture. In the afternoon our driver will transfer you back to Hanoi.
On the way back we will stop at the Ho Chi Minh Trail Museum for a quick visit and insight into the American war. Our driver will drop you back to your Hanoi Hotel around 5pm.
12:30: You will be taken on our tender from the wharf and make your way out onto the bay to board our luxurious craft, Signature Cruise. You will be welcomed aboard and greeted with a complimentary drink. Our Crew will conduct a compulsory safety procedure session and then you are free to check into your cabin and freshen up. Take some time to have a look around the vessel or watch the magical landscape go by.
13:15: As we begin to cruise through the bay a special lunch of fresh seafood and an assortment of appetising favourites will be served. Dining on luxury with fine food and drinks doesn’t come much better than this.
15:00: After lunch, we set sail for Bai Tu Long Bay passing the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, with extraordinary limestone karst landscapes. Explore Vung Vieng fishing village by local rowing boats to discover the interesting daily lives of its inhabitants.
16:30: Back onboard Signature Cruise Halong Bay’s main craft we will drop anchor for our overnight stay surrounded by incredible landscape.
17:30 – 18:30: Happy hour with a special drink menu (Buy one get another one for free).
17:30: Our Vietnamese cooking demonstration is a great way to learn how to prepare delicious appetizers and we will guide you through the process.
19:15: Relish special Signature Dinner in restaurant.
20:45 – 12:00: Your free time to relax with an exotic cocktail or whatever takes your fancy. Our bar has a wide range or wines, beers and liquors and is always a welcoming sight for guests after a day on Halong Bay. Order a specialised massage in room. You are spoilt with choice of other activities at the cruise such as watch documentary movies, squid fishing or simply relax on our rooftop deck under the cover of a star-filled sky.
12:00: Have lunch with Signature set menu on our day boat.
15:30: Back on board Signature Cruise, take some time to freshen up, take a nap or just relax at your leisure as we cruise to our overnight area. Witness one of the most brilliant sunsets you will ever see.
17:30-18:30: Bar opens for Happy Hour “Buy one get one free".
17:30: Enjoy cooking demonstration to discover our Vietnamese cuisine of traditional spring rolls.
19:15: A special dinner will be served offering you outstanding food and quality service. 20:45 – 00:00: This evening is yours to enjoy whatever you please. Tonight we will hold a movie night with a selection of films available. We also have a selection of board games for your entertainment. Our bar is always open and is an ideal place to meet new people and share stories about your adventures.
07:30: Light breakfast will be served this morning.
07:30-08:30: Enjoy the last stage of your trip in Thien Canh Son cave and islets, which is a wild and mysterious beauty in the middle of the World Heritage.
09:30: Check out of your cabin and enjoy the last stage of your trip with a delicious brunch as we continue to cruise back towards harbour through scenery.
11:15: After a final farewell from our staff, you will be transported back to Halong City wharf via our Tender for your transfer back to Hanoi. We trust you had a pleasant journey on our Signature Cruise Halong Bay and hope to have the pleasure of your company with us again.
12:00 – 12:30: Our private transfer will take you to the airport for short domestic flight to Hue.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will visit Hue Imperial City, the home of Vietnam’s last royal dynasty, then travel on to Dong Ba Market to see the daily life of local people.
Hue, Vietnam’s former Royal Capital, is a city that represents the outstanding demonstration of the power of the vanished Vietnamese feudal empire, including a complex of monuments, tombs and pagodas that attract tourists coming from all over the world.
Our driver will drop you back at your hotel around 5 pm.
- Back to the boat for a scenic cruise to Hue Ecolodge in Thuy Bieu Eco-Village. Spend 2 hours to stroll or bike around the quiet village.
- Visit local garden, old ancestral temple and communicate with local people.
- Visit some handicraft families (the incense making family, the joss paper making family and the paper painting family) to discover the daily life of local people while they are working strenuously with joy and enthusiasm.
- Take time to join a special cooking class at Hue Ecolodge by yourself under the instruction of Eco-chief. (Va fruit mixed shrimp and pork; Banh Ram It and Banh Khoai)
- After your practical class; it's time to taste the Hue traditional dishes that you have prepared and our Eco-chef will be able to give his feedback on your own chef skills.
- At the end of this tour, you will have a great time to relax by steeping your foot in medicinal herb water - a traditional therapeutic practice and enjoy excellent massage by blind people.
Back to hotel and overnight in Hue.
Visiting the 400-year-old Japanese Bridge, 300-year-old Chinese temples and 200-year-old Vietnamese former merchants’ houses.
Our tour guide will walk you back to your hotel to enjoy your afternoon free at leisure.
On arrival, we will visit the Tra Kieu capital and explore the majestic ancient ruins at My Son. My Son is located 69 kms southwest of Danang and was an imperial city during the Cham dynasty.
My Son is the former capital of the ancient Cham civilization that ruled Central Vietnam from the second to the thirteenth century. It is considered to be one of the best-preserved Cham structures in Vietnam.
- Accommodation with 4 and 5 star hotels.
- Two nights on board the 5 star Signature Halong Cruise.
- Visit the Hill Tribe Village to meet the local people and learn about their culture and customs.
- Kayaking in the magnificent UNESCO Heritage Site of Halong Bay.
- Expert services of local guides throughout your trip.
- Discover the majestic ancient ruins of My Son.
- Economy Class Domestic Flights within Vietnam.
- All touring & transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Soak in the atmosphere of the historic Hanoi Old Quarter as you experience a cyclo ride.
- All entrance fees at monuments.
- Participate in a fun cooking class at Hoi An.
- View a traditional puppet show.
- Comprehensive sightseeing & meals as per itinerary.
- Locally based professional drivers, English speaking tour guides
- Water during the tour.
- Experience the true Vietnam with a local village tour in Hue.
*Cost is subject to class availability and exchange rate, may change without prior notice.
You must have a valid passport and a visa (or pre-approval for a visa on arrival or a visa exemption certificate) to enter Vietnam. Your passport must be valid for six months beyond your planned stay, and you must have at least one blank visa page.
Some travellers with e-visas have reported having to pay a second visa fee on arrival because of differences between their passport and e-visa application. Make sure you correctly enter your details when applying. Print a copy of your application and carry it with you.
If you're planning to stay longer than 30 days or require multiple entries, you'll need to apply for a visa directly from the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam. Complete the visa application form online, then print it and take it to the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam. If you arrive in Vietnam with a written approval letter for a visa to be issued on arrival, you'll need to pay the fee in cash, either in US dollar or Vietnamese dong. Check whether you will require a single entry or multiple entry visa.
If your spouse or parent is a national of Vietnam, you can apply for a visa exemption certificate. The certificate is valid for five years and allows multiple entries into Vietnam for up to six months.
If your visa expires or is otherwise no longer valid, you will face delays and fines when leaving.
You cannot change the status of your entry visa (such as tourist visa or spouse visa) to any other visa type (such as a working visa) in-country.
To obtain a visa extension from the Vietnamese immigration authorities (including for overstaying your visa), your passport must have at least six months validity remaining at the time of application.
There are value and quantity restrictions on the import and export of prescription medicines.
And 'addictive medicine' (used for the treatment of addiction). Prescriptions and medicines must be shown to customs.
Vietnam has health screening for all inbound travellers. All foreigners must register their place of residence with the local police within 24 hours of arrival. The Australian Embassy and Consulate-General can't provide translation services to assist with registration.
If you stay at a hotel, confirm you'll be registered as part of the normal check-in process. They'll need your passport details.
Many hotels ask foreigners to leave their passport with hotel staff for registration purposes. It isn't a legal requirement for hotels to retain your passport for the duration of your stay.
If you stay with family, friends or in another private residence, you'll need to register at the local police station, with a translator if needed.
Local hosts need to pre-register foreign guests – if you stay in a private residence, make sure your host has satisfied this legal requirement.
By law, you must use only one passport for your entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam.
Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date you intend to return to Australia. If your passport has less than six months, validity, you could be refused, or may not be permitted to board your flight.
Your passport is a valuable document and attractive to criminals who may try to use your identity to commit crimes. Always keep it in a safe place.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including local suppliers’ fees, admin fees, any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees, etc.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserve the right to correct any error of outstanding amount.
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or small Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 15 people) / School Tours is $700 Per Person
- Short packages, shore excursion, hotel etc. is $250 Per Person
If you cancel your booking at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, or depend on each package's terms & conditions.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending/paid a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or cruise which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the tour or cruise
1.2 Final balance
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation
- Deposit will due immediately or within three day of your booking confirmed. It will be applied based on the specific product
- Final balance will be due before 65 days or 90 days before departure date
- You can make a payment by Enett, Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card
Credit Card Fee
- The following Card Fees apply:
- Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
- American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
- For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. LATE BOOKING
Any booking made within 110 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed.
Bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure for Group Tours or Escorted Tours will incur a late booking fee of $120 per person and must be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. AMENDMENTS FEES
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $69 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration.Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
5. SAFETY NET PROTECTION
- Safety Net Protection is not included in our tour/cruise packages. If you wish to purchase safety net protection, an additional fee of $95 per person will occur. This is only valid for one-time use (claim).
· Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise on the same destination departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties. The new tour must be at the same cost or higher, but cannot be at lower cost than the initial tour booked. If the passengers choose the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
· Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
· Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares, or third-party fees and charges.
· Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
6. TRAVEL VOUCHER
Your travel voucher will be issue and send that to you or your travel agent from 15 -30 days before your departure. Make sure you have your travel voucher before you travel.
Please check with your consultant, your travel insurance provider or read our cancellation policy carefully before cancelling or amending your booking. For a specific tour / cruise package, a separate cancellation policy might be set out and applied to your booking.
Please see the below for our general cancellation policy.
7.1 Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages
Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 15 people)
65 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
90 days or more before departure – loss of deposit
64‐40 days before departure – 55%
89‐79 days before departure – 65%
39‐31 days before departure – 75%
78‐61 days before departure – 85%
Within 30 days of departure – 100%
Within 60 days of departure – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
Any 'no show' – 100%
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
If your tour/package includes international/domestic flights the airlines cancellation policies will be apply.
7.2 Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
7.3 Cancellation by Local Supplier or Third-Party Travel Provider
If the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Local Supplier or Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.